Items on EWA’s Radar Screen
Regulatory items that are awaiting an FCC response of critical interest to EWA members include, among other matters:
- 900 MHz Private Enterprise Broadband PEBB — The FCC prepared what is be-lieved to be a Notice of Inquiry (NOI) that will seek information regarding the EWA/PDV proposal to bifurcate the band into a broadband and narrowband al-location;
- AEP 800 MHz Waiver — Opposed by APCO, an AEP/EWA effort to permit AEP ear-ly CII access to Sprint-vacated spectrum at remote sites;
- 800 MHz Interstitial Channels — The pending release of a Report and Order will make available 319 Mid-Band 12.5 kHz channel pairs, incorporating proposed LMCC adjacent channel interference protection analyses;
- T-Band Repurposing — How the FCC proposes to implement legislation requiring that PS channels be auctioned by 2021 remains to be seen, however complica-tions include insufficient replacement spectrum for PS and I/B licensees, PS li-censee statements that they cannot/will not relocate, and now there are im-plementation time constraints; and
- License Renewal Proceeding — A potential further NPRM proposing more detailed renewal showings for both site-based and geographic licenses.