FCC Adopts FirstNet Opt-Out Rules
- The timeline for states to provide notification of opt-out decisions and associated plans with the FCC;
- Information that states should include in plans to demonstrate compliance with the statutory criteria that alternative systems are interoperable with the FirstNet network;
- The technical criteria and standards that the FCC will use to evaluate state plans;
- The FCC’s review process, including participation by interested parties, treatment of confidential information and the timing of FCC action; and
- The process for documenting decisions to approve or disapprove state plans.